County Recorder's Filing Fees and Locations
  Siskiyou County Recorder

       311 4th Street, Room 108

            Yreka, CA  96097

             (530) 842-8065


      Hi Folks, because every single County Recorder's office has their own fees & filing requirements which change on a regular basis, It's just too difficult to try to provide you with accurate fee information that doesn't have to be continually researched and edited.
      Since you will only have 1 set of paperwork to file for each claim with the county each year, it's much easier to provide you the following guidelines on how to find the fee information you will need to file your paperwork.
       The first option of course, is just doing a simple websearch. Most Counties list their fees, and in most cases,  you should be able to find the information you need on their website.
       The second option is to call the county recorder and ask them a few simple questions:
                                                                           Ask these questions
1. What is the fee to file a  (name of form you wish to file)  for a placer mining claim?
2. And does this form need to be notarized?
3. What is the cost for additional mining claims listed on the same form? (If applicable)
If the form does need to be notarized, be sure to add the additional "per page" fee to the overall filing fee cost.


     Previous Page
    Mining Claims
 County Recorder Locations (for claims we sell)
  Trinity County Recorder

  11 Court Street, PO Box 1215

      Weaverville, CA  96093

              (530)  623-1215


  Plumas County Recorder

   520 Main Street, Room 102

            Quincy, CA  95971

              (530)  283-6218



Good news Folks!! It appears that Oregon's new filing tax will not affect your yearly mining claim paperwork. Those of you filing your "Proof of Labor" will still only have to pay $26 for the first page and $5 for each additional page of your paperwork each year.

 Josephine County Recorder

  500 NW 6th Street, Room 170

       Grants Pass, OR  97526

              (541)  474-5240


    Jackson County Recorder

 10 S. Oakdale Avenue, Room 114

            Medford, OR 97501

                (541)  774-6152


    Douglas County Recorder

1036 SE Douglas Ave. Room 124

                     PO Box 10

            Roseburg, OR  97470

                (541)  440-4324


 Once again, I suggest using USPS Priority Mail with tracking number when filing paperwork.

               When you are done looking at this page, simply "X out" to return to paperwork page.